On Monday, January 21, 2019, RasTafari TV Network in partnership with E.A.T. Jamaica (www.eatjamaica.com), JAHJAH Foundation Mission For Change 2019 and DARC Foundation in keeping with our commitment to be of service to the Haile Selassie I Technical High School, in St. Andrew, Jamaica will sponsor our 4th Annual Free Health Fair to all students and surrounding Payne Land. We give thanks for the invaluable help of the team of medical professionals with Dr. Trevor Dixon and generous donations of medical and garden supplies for The Bob Marley Foundation in previous years.
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA.
The school is in dire need and lack basic necessities.
It’s been an incredible challenge advancing on a small budget.
Please sponsor 2019
Again, we look forward to accommodating organizations such as Florida, Jamaica Aids Support, Family Planning Board, Registration General Department and nutritionists to make the upcoming event more wholesome. This year, instead of renting we seek donations of tents or cabanas, an inflatable movie screen with projector and surround sound for living classrooms and workshops in nature. We are always promoting and rallying for more school supplies and even a solar-powered greenhouse for the school to keep the organic garden secure. Since last year, not much has gotten done in our garden so team members are preparing to relocate to Jamaica full time. Our eco-preneurship program with Project E.A.T. (Ecology, Agriculture, Trade) has been approved by the faculty to incorporate our curriculum a the school. We’ve met with PTA, school and community leaders who are thankful for the help and we encourage them to get involved consistently and not just at the health fair.
We would like to extend the deepest gratitude to RTV subscriber and selfless donor, Dillion Langdon from Portland, Oregon. He’s now a team leader organizing volunteers to mobilize and help www.eatjamaica.com restoration and Bridge to Jamaica Homecoming Mission. We are launching a huge clean, green and healthy life change beginning January 1, 2019. Dillion is gifting his time, finances and positive spirit to join our small but effective team with boots on the ground in Jamaica. He journeyed to Jamaica in 2018 for the first time, volunteering at the Health Fair. The despair amidst the hope and lack of support from the community touched his heart. He got hooked on the nation-building fever! This is a usual recurrence when volunteers join us and see the amazing works happening and the seeds of change we’re planting. Those with vision jump on board, roll up their sleeves and begin to share and pool our resources to make it happen. Envision what we can do with more help!
Our scheduled list of activitiSDOes for this day include:
FREE MEDICAL, DENTAL & MENTAL HEALTH SCREENING & CHECK-UPs
- MISSION: To improve healthcare in public sectors to Jamaica’s communities in need
- NEEDED: First aid & hygiene kits, supplements, vitamins, sanitary napkins, antibiotics, ointments, gloves…
GOOD FOOD & E.A.T. NUTRITION WORKSHOP & FREE LUNCH FOR APPROXIMATELY 1300 PEOPLE
- MISSION: food exhibition and life foods & juice bar to inspire healthy meal choices. Learn how to make quick, tasty, healthy meals and make wise options when dining out
- NEEDED: Tents or cabana, food, coconuts, cane, fruits, vegetables, natural juices, tonics, paper products, utensils
VIEW SPONSORSHIP KIT 2019 FUNDRAISER
AMAZING MEDIA & AD CAMPAIGN
ANNUAL SELF-LOVE WORKSHOP: BEAUTIFUL MELANIN, NO BLEACHIN’!
- MISSION: To spread awareness of risks of skin bleach; Inspire natural beauty and products found at home.
- NEEDED: Natural beauty product samples, sample organic products for hygiene
ANNUAL FIELD TRIP 2019 – A DAY AT THE FARM – OUTA EARTH PROCESSORS,
“How to Make Authentic Jamaican Castor Oil The Indigenous Way”
- MISSION: To show students how we interconnect with the all life, the earth and each other by using the arts to teach sustainability
- NEEDED: Our own mission bus, or a charter bus, tents, lunches and beverages, sleeping bags, professional grade inflatable movie screen with projector and surround sound,
E.A.T. JAMAICA ECO CLUB CLEAN, GREEN, HEALTHY CAMPAIGN
- MISSION: clean & green campus & surrounding community; anti-litter campaign “Nuh Dutty Up Jamaica”
- NEEDED: organic indigenous & heirloom seeds, compost and recycling area, solar or alternative energy, trash receptacles, garbage bags, garden tools, wheelbarrows, weed whackers, lawn mower, storage bins
SPA TENT & AROMATHERAPY WORKSHOP
- MISSION: stress management, detox methods, massages & reflexology. Make natural oils & candles.
- NEEDED: Volunteer masseuse, instructors, practitioners, organic & natural vendors, spa products, samples,
MURAL: TREE OF LIFE + ANOTHER POSITIVE MURAL FOR 2018
In 2017, students started painting a mural “The Tree of Life” with positive affirmations. We would like to ensure this is complete and collaborate on another positive mural for the campus.
NEEDED: Paint, paint supplies, smocks, t-shirts, bookmarks or give-a-ways with positive affirmations